Jack Cooper Transport is Now Hiring!
We are looking for Car Haul Drivers who want to join our elite team - Call Today: (844) 877-4887
- Drivers Average $75,000 First Year
- $12,000 Retention Bonus Paid over the course of the first year!
We offer Local, Regional and OTR (home time varies by terminal)
No Car Haul experience needed if you have 2 years of verifiable OTR experience OR 1 year OTR and a certificate of completion from a truck driving school. You must possess a Class-A CDL with endorsements for operating a tractor/trailer with air brakes.
We Offer the Highest Wages in the Industry and Union Benefits!
- Average $75,000 First Year
- $12,000 Retention Bonus (paid in increments over first year)
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Union Pension
Values from 1928, Trucks from Today:
We have an 1800 unit fleet which is the newest and best maintained in the business and a 24/7 central breakdown center with 12 complete maintenance facilities.
About Jack Cooper Transport:
Jack Cooper is the largest auto and truck transportation carrier in the nation. We serve most of the major domestic and foreign automotive manufacturers, delivering vehicles nationwide to dealerships from plants, rail ramps, ports and auctions. Jack Cooper also provides vehicle rail-car loading and unloading services. Over the last 80 years, we've become well-known for our quality and performance; building a reputation for our dependability and integrity. We have over 2,500 employees nationwide and we are only one of the few remaining companies with professional Teamster union drivers.
- 1928: Founded by Jack Cooper, we started as a carrier for General Motors from the Leeds Assembly Plant in Kansas City, Missouri
- 1984: The year we tripled in size thanks to the purchase of United Transports, Inc., a carrier based out of Oklahoma City
- 1988: Purchased Pacific Motor Trucking Company adding terminal capacity on the west coast
- 2009: We combined with Active Transport Company, LLC of Joplin, Missouri, making us the largest auto and truck transport carrier in the nation
The secrets to our success are easy to explain but certainly not easy to duplicate. We continue to set the standard and raise the bar for on-time damage-free delivery of vehicles, not because we've said so, our customers have by giving us numerous quality and service awards year after year.
- General Motors Supplier of the Year Award 2011 (only carrier ever to win this award)
- Toyota's President's Award 2010 (only carrier to win twice in five years)
- Toyota's Quality Award 2010
- Honda's Outstanding Performance Premier Partner Award 2008
- General Motors Supplier Recognition Award 2007 Outstanding Carrier Award
- Must be at least 21 years old
- A minimum of two (2) years verifiable tractor/trailer (OTR) driving experience; OR successfully completed a tractor/trailer training school (verify certificate of completion) with one (1) year of tractor trailer (OTR) experience; OR one (1) year of car hauling experience
- Must successfully pass the DOT pre-employment drug screen
- No evidence of more than one current CDL license
- Minimum of 3 years of verifiable previous employment history
- No previous history of suspension, revocation or cancellation of driving privilege, as a result of moving traffic violations or vehicle accidents within the past 3 years
- Must read and speak English sufficiently to converse with the general public
- Must meet all requirements within Section 391 of the FMCSR. Section 391 includes but is not limited to:
- Motor vehicle record
- Background check with previous employer(s)
- Road test
- Certification of Violation and Annual Review
- Request for information from previous employer on alcohol and controlled substance testing
- No previous history of conviction or forfeiture of bond for the following offenses while operating a motor vehicle:
- Leaving the scene of an accident
- Using motor vehicle to commit a felony
- Under the influence of drugs or in the possession of drugs
- Under the influence of alcohol within the past 3 years or at any time while operating a CMV
- Must possess the required CDL endorsements for operating a tractor/trailer with air breaks
- No combination of three (3) or more moving violations, convictions or preventable accidents in the past 36 months
- No involvement in a preventable rear-end accident within the last two (2) years
To join the Elite Team at Jack Cooper Transport - Apply Today or Call (844) 877-4887