Penske is widely known for its success on the racetrack, but did you know we employ thousands of truck drivers?
Join our team of professional truck drivers at Penske Logistics and you’ll drive like a champion hauling freight for some of the world’s best brands in retail, food, beverage, grocery, foodservice, automotive, manufacturing, electronics, appliances, healthcare, and packaging industries. We manage freight for companies like Ford, GM, BMW, Detroit Diesel, Goodyear, Cardinal Health, Whirlpool, and Wawa. Our professional truck drivers ensure products are delivered safely, efficiently and on-time.
- Excellent pay and benefits
- Superior trucks and 24/7 roadside support
- Dedicated accounts
- Great supervisors
- Paid time off
- Cash balance pension plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Unlimited career potential
$75K - $80K annual W2 potential
All miles paid plus paid stops, lay-overs and delays
$.51 cents a mile (approximately 2000 plus miles a week)
Paid stops at $26.75 each (approximately 3 per week)
Paid lay-overs at $26.75 each (approximately 3 per week)
Paid delays at $16.80 per hour (compensable after 2 hours)
Monthly performance bonuses (up to $200)
- We also have a lucrative driver referral program, which gives you the opportunity to earn additional dollars.
- Earn $500 if your first referred driver is hired
- Earn $1000 if your second referred driver is hired
- Earn $2000 for your third and each subsequent referred driver(s) that are hired
- You are entered into company-wide drawings for quarterly and annual prize!
Route/Activity – OTR - Home Weekly. Truck drivers are responsible for delivering product to customers. Freight type consists of aluminum coils & plate stock. Routes are primarily throughout the Midwest with some lanes serving the northeast, Texas and Florida. There are some Canada loads. Passport is a big plus with a potential for extra monies. Typically we will route a driver out of Ravenswood, WV and back with a backhaul. Some backhaul activity may turn into a load that goes to another location that will ultimately provide us with a load to get the driver back home.
- Equipment – Freightliner Cascadia Condo's - assigned tractors. Conestoga Curtain Side Trailer
- Loading, unloading, or assisting in loading and unloading truck.
- Safe and responsible operation of assigned equipment.
- Ensuring compliance with applicable federal and/or state laws, regulations, and/or agency -rules, standards, and guidelines.
- Report vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations, or damage before and after route.
- Primary interface with the customer at point of delivery.
- At least 23 years of age
- CDL Class A license required
- 1 year of verifiable tractor-trailer driving experience in the last 3 years
- 3 years DMV/MVR record with two or fewer moving violations/accidents
- Reliable and customer-oriented
- Safety oriented
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening required.
- The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The associate must be able to see and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate will be required to move frequently, stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50lbs/23kg and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100lbs/45kg.
- The associate must be able to legally operate a motor vehicle and safely and frequently enter/exit the vehicle as well as the rear cargo area.
Move your Career Forward with Penske Logistics, Apply Now* or Call (866) 484-1794
*This application is a submission of interest and is the first step of the hiring process, to be considered for this position please complete Penske's full application in the link that follows.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.