Hiring Diesel Mechanic Technicians in Lincoln, Nebraska
Generous Paid Time Off - Excellent Benefits
At Ryder, being a technician is about more than working on some of the highest quality vehicles in the business. It’s about mentorship and being trained and certified in the most recent technologies. It’s about working on a variety of vehicle models, brands, and types. But most importantly, it’s about having the chance to advance in your career, while experiencing the responsibility, compensation, and learning environment that only Ryder can offer.
Diesel Technicians at Ryder enjoy:
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Monday to Friday Schedule
- Second Shift 2:30PM to 11PM
- Excellent Benefits: 401k, health, dental and vision insurance
- Work with new industry technology
- PPE & Uniforms provided at no cost
- Free Job training and development
- Training & Career advancement strategies that will help you secure your future
As a technician at Ryder, the work you do literally keeps our business moving forward. Here, you’ll apply your technical knowledge and use advanced diagnostic tools to maintain our world-class fleet of transportation equipment.
- Post-secondary vocational education strongly preferred
- Must have minimum tool requirement
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Valid CDL (license A) is highly desired; mandatory in some locations
- Must possess state license as required
- Must have a minimum of 2 years of experience with mechanical repairs and diagnostics on heavy duty and medium duty equipment.
- Knowledge of and the ability to apply knowledge of computer skills: PC, Windows, mouse, etc.
- This position requires for you to drive Ryder vehicles. In order to become a Ryder employee you must:
- Must be able to obtain CDL within 6 months after hire
- Pass a Ryder Drug Test
- Pass a DOT physical
- Pass a Ryder road test
- Pass a Ryder Background and Motor vehicle check including Drug and alcohol verification from previous employers for the last 3 years
- Important Note: Additional requirements may be required in different locations
You’re looking for the perfect fit. We’ll give you room to grow. Apply Today, or Call (855) 897-9005 to Speak to a Recruiter!
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.
*(This form is considered to be a submission of interest to Ryder and is NOT a formal application of employment.)