Penske is widely known for its success on the racetrack, but did you know we employ thousands of truck drivers? Join our team of professional truck drivers at Penske Logistics and you’ll drive like a champion hauling freight for some of the world’s best brands in retail, food, beverage, grocery, foodservice, automotive, manufacturing, electronics, appliances, healthcare, and packaging industries. We manage freight for companies like Ford, GM, BMW, Detroit Diesel, Goodyear, Cardinal Health, Whirlpool, and Wawa. Our professional truck drivers ensure products are delivered safely, efficiently and on-time.
- Home Daily
- Excellent pay and benefits
- Superior trucks and 24/7 roadside support
- Dedicated accounts
- Great supervisors
- Paid time off
- Cash balance pension plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Unlimited career potential
- Route/Activity – Perform driving duties and special assignments as directed by the Operations Supervisor or Manager
- Shift – Monday through Friday 7 p.m. to 4 a.m. Driver's will be eligible to bid on new shifts passed on seniority about every 3 months. Roughly 45-50 hours a week. Time and a half after 40 hours
- Equipment – 48’ & 53’ Dry Van Trailers and Ottawa Yard Mules
- Compensation – $21.50/hour
- Performs inspection of vehicle prior to and after operation of, moves trailers in and out of dock as directed by management, couples and uncouples trailers.
- Chocking trailers as they are spotted for loading and unloading and pulling from doors, the placement of nose supports for trailers when spotted at dock doors
- Orderly maintaining of the yard, inspection of trailers prior to loading.
- Support and participate with Safety Team meetings and activities
- Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
- At least 23 years of age
- CDL Class A license required
- 1 year of verifiable tractor-trailer driving experience in the last 3 years
- 3 years DMV/MVR record with two or fewer moving violations/accidents
- Reliable and customer oriented
- Safety oriented
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening
Move your Career Forward with Penske Logistics, Apply Now*!
*This application is a submission of interest and is the first step of the hiring process, to be considered for this position please complete Penske's full application in the link that follows.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.