Effective Date: April 21, 2023
Collection of Your Personal Information
We collect both personally identifiable information and non-personally identifiable information about you to help you use our Services. “Personal Information” is information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household. We collect Personal Information about you in various ways, including:
- directly from you
- automatically when you use our Site
- from third parties
Information We Collect Directly from You
You may provide Personal Information to us directly in numerous ways. For example, when you:
- register to use our Site
- participate in job or career fairs
- communicate with us via email, phone, chat, or otherwise
We may collect the following types of Personal Information from you directly:
- Identifiers, including real name, account name, postal address, online identifiers, internet protocol (IP) address, email address, signature, telephone number, insurance policy number, cookies, pixel tags, date of birth and unique pseudonyms
- Legally Protected Characteristics Under California or Federal Law, including military or veteran status
- Biometric Information, including voice messages
- Information Typically Detected by the Senses, including voice messages
- Professional/Employment Information, including vehicle licensure, experience, and time employed
- Education Information, including graduation date
- Inferences Drawn from the Personal Information Used to Create a Profile, including preferences, behavior, abilities
Information We Automatically Collect About You
Career Now and third-party service providers may automatically collect data about you when you use our Site. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our Services, and for our internal analytics so that we can improve our products and Services. This information includes:
- Internet or Other Electronic Network Activity Information, including browsing history, clickstreams, search history, information regarding your interaction with our Site, IP address, cookies, pixel tags, browser version, operating system
- Geolocation, including IP address
Information We Receive from Third Parties
In some instances, Career Now may receive Personal Information about you from other parties, such as our affiliates, business partners, and service providers. That information may be obtained online, offline, or through publicly available resources. We may combine this data with the information you provide, and other data we already have about you.
Cookies & Similar Technologies
Cookies are text files that are sent by servers to web browsers and stored on your computer. They tell us which parts of our Site you’ve visited so we can save your preferences for future visits. Web beacons and pixel tags are images embedded in a webpage or e-mail for the purpose of measuring and analyzing usage and activity. Our Sites, or third-party service providers acting on our behalf, may use web beacons and pixel tags to help us analyze usage and improve our functionality. Some cookies and other technologies may serve to recall Personal Information previously provided by a visitor.
How We Use Your Information
- To operate and provide Services to you
- To process your requests
- To contact you relating to customer service and support
- To improve and administer our Services and Site
- To enforce our Terms and Conditions
- To comply with the law and legal requirements, including valid court orders
- For any other purpose if we anonymize the data such that it no longer reasonably identifies you or your household
We use Google Analytics on our site to help us analyze the traffic on our Site. For more information on Google Analytics’ processing of Personal Information, please see http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/ You may opt out of the use of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
We also use Facebook Pixel Tags to better measure, optimize, and retarget our marketing campaigns. More information about the protection of your privacy can be found in Facebook’s Data Policy: https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/ . For information about Facebook’s opt-out options, please visit: https://www.facebook.com/help/568137493302217 .
How We Disclose Your Information
We share some information with service providers and partners who assist us in operating our Site and Services and, in some cases, legal authorities.
With our service providers and partners.
- We use third parties and vendors to help us operate and improve our Site and Services. These third parties assist us with various tasks for business purposes, including website support and analytics. We do not allow these parties to use your information for any purpose other than to perform those services.
Per your instructions.
Other situations. We also may use and disclose information outside of our
day-to-day business practices and in ways unrelated to our Site and Services.
We do not sell your Personal Information for monetary or other valuable consideration.
- In the Event of Merger, Sale, Divestiture, or Change of Control. We may transfer or assign Personal Information to an entity that acquires all or substantially all of our assets or stock whether by merger, acquisition, reorganization, or otherwise.
Your Choices About Your Information
You have choices about how we use your information. Please understand that if you choose not to disclose information to us, it may affect your ability to use some features of our Site or Services.
If you have provided your email address to us, we may send you emails or notifications to provide you with information, to inform you of new events or content, to solicit your feedback, or to keep you up to date on us. You can opt out of our communications at any time by clicking Unsubscribe or otherwise following the opt out prompts on these communications. You also may ask us not to send you other communications by contacting us as specified in the “Contact Us” section below, and we will honor your request. Please note that even after you are removed from our contact lists, we may still send you transactional communications, such as responding to service requests.
Third Party Links
Do Not Track Disclosure
Confidentiality & Security
Career Now values your privacy and is committed to protecting your information. We have commercially reasonable administrative, technical, and physical safeguards in place commensurate with the size, scope, and nature of our business to ensure the integrity and security of your information.
We keep your personal data only as long as necessary to provide you with our services and for legitimate and essential business purposes, such as maintaining the performance of our Site and Services, making data-driven business decisions about new features and offerings, complying with our legal obligations, and resolving disputes.
We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from children under the age of 16. If you are under 16, please do not provide use our Site. By providing information via the Site, you represent that you are at least 16 years old. If we learn we have inadvertently received or collected Personal Information from a child who is under the age of 16, we will attempt to immediately delete that information from our files and records. If you believe a child who is under the age of 16 has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us at the address listed below in “Contact Us.”
Our Site is intended solely for residents of the United States and we do not do business outside the U.S. If you provide Personal Information to us, please note that it will be transferred, processed, collected, used, accessed and/or stored in the United States and subject to U.S. laws. The laws in the United States may not provide the same protections for your Personal Information as the jurisdiction in which you are located. Do not provide your Personal Information to us if you do not want this information to be transferred or processed outside of your country, or if the laws in your country restrict such transfers.
California Residents’ Privacy Rights
This section is applicable to residents of California. If you are a resident of California, you have certain rights described below.
Collection & Sharing of Personal Information
|Categories of Personal Information that May Be Sold, Shared, or Disclosed
|Categories of Third Parties to whom Personal Information May Be Sold, Shared, or Disclosed
|Business or Commercial Purpose of Selling, Sharing, or Disclosing Personal Information
|Internet or Other Electronic Information Activity
|Information Typically Detected by the Senses
|Inferences Drawn from Personal Information to Create a Profile
“Shine the Light” Law
Under California’s “Shine the Light” law, California residents have the right to request in writing from businesses with whom they have an established business relationship: (a) a list of the categories of Personal Information, such as name, e-mail, mailing address, and type of services provided to the customer, that a business has disclosed to third parties (including affiliates that are separate legal entities) during the immediately preceding calendar year for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes; and (b) the names and addresses of all such third parties.
If you would like to exercise any of the rights provided under the “Shine the Light” law, please contact us by using the “Contact Us” section below with a reference to “Shine the Light.”
The California Consumer Privacy Act
This section applies only to the Personal Information of California residents to the extent the information is subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA), or any amendments or acts thereto upon their effective dates.
California residents have the following rights:
Right to Request Information. You have the right to request, twice in a
twelve-month period, that we disclose the following information to you, limited to the
preceding twelve (12) months:
- The categories of Personal Information that we collected about you;
- The categories of sources from which the Personal Information is collected;
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling Personal Information;
- The categories of third parties with whom we share Personal Information;
- The specific pieces of Personal Information that we have collected about you;
- The categories of Personal Information that we disclosed about You for a business purpose or sold to third-parties; and
- For each category of Personal Information identified, the categories of third parties to whom the information was disclosed or sold.
- Right of Deletion. You have the right to request that we delete any Personal Information about you which we have collected from you, subject to exceptions within the law.
- Right to Opt-Out. We do not sell or share your Personal Information for monetary payments. However, like many companies we do use services that help deliver interest-based ads to you and we may transfer Personal Information to business partners for their use. Because the definitions of ‘Personal Information,’ ‘share,’ and ‘sale’ under the California law are broad, making Personal Information available to these companies may be considered a “sale” or “sharing” under CCPA. You can opt out of such “sale” or “sharing” here: Do Not Sell or Share My Information. You may also contact us by using the “Contact Us” section below with a reference to “CCPA Request.”
- Right to Opt-In. Unless proper consent is acquired, a business may not sell or share the personal information of consumers if the business has actual knowledge that the consumer is less than 16 years of age. We do not collect, share, or sell the Personal Information of minors under the age of 18.
- Right to Limit Use and Disclosure of Sensitive Personal Information. You may request specific limitations on sharing, use, or disclosure of your sensitive Personal Information, as defined by California privacy laws, which is collected or processed for “the purpose of inferring characteristics about a consumer.” However, we do not collect or process sensitive Personal Information.
- Right to Correction. You have the right to request that we maintain accurate Personal Information about you and correct any Personal Information about you which we have collected from you, subject to exceptions within the law.
Right to Non-Discrimination. We may not discriminate against you because
you exercise any of your rights under the CCPA, including, but not limited to:
- Denying goods or Services to you;
- Charging different prices or rates for goods or Services, including through the use of discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties;
- Providing a different level or quality of goods or Services to you; or
- Suggesting that you will receive a different price or rate for goods or Services or a different level or quality of goods or Services.
Exercising Your CCPA Rights
You may exercise any of your CCPA consumer rights by contacting us using the “Contact Us” section below with a reference to “CCPA Request.”
You may designate an authorized agent to request any of the above rights on your behalf. You may make such a designation by providing the agent with written permission, signed by you, to act on your behalf. Your agent may contact us as described in the “Contact Us” section to make a request on your behalf. Even if you choose to use an agent, we may, as permitted by law, require:
- The authorized agent to provide proof that you gave written permission to the authorized agent to submit the request;
- You to verify your identity directly with us; or
- You to directly confirm with us that you provided the authorized agent permission to submit the request.
Colorado, Connecticut, and Virginia Residents’ Privacy Rights
If you are a resident of Colorado, Connecticut, or Virginia, you have certain rights described below. The following do not apply to individuals who do not live in Colorado, Connecticut, or Virginia on a permanent basis, individuals we do not collect personal data about, or individuals for whom all of the information we collect is exempt from the statute. “Personal Data,” for purposes of this section regarding the rights of Colorado, Connecticut, or Virginia residents, means any information that is linked or reasonably linkable to an identified or identifiable natural person and does not include de-identified information or publicly available information.
This section applies only to Colorado, Connecticut, or Virginia residents to the extent their Personal Information is subject to the each state’s respective consumer data privacy act, or any amendments or acts thereto upon their effective dates. The categories of Personal Data processed, the purposes of processing, the categories of Personal Data shared, and the categories of third parties to which Personal Data is shared are provided in the above sections of this Policy, including the chart depicted in the above section “California Consumer Privacy Act.”
Colorado, Connecticut, and Virginia provides their residents with specific rights regarding Personal Data, including:
- Right to Access. You have the right to confirm whether or not we are processing your Personal Data and to access such information.
- Right to Correction. You have the right to correct inaccuracies in your Personal Data which we have collected, taking into account the nature of the Personal Data and the purposes of processing the Personal Data.
- Right to Deletion. You have the right to request deletion of Personal Data provided by or obtained about you, subject to legal exemptions.
- Right to Data Portability. You have the right to obtain a copy of your Personal Data.
- Right to Opt-Out. You have the right to opt out of the processing of Personal Data for purposes of (1) targeted advertising; (2) the sale of Personal Data; or (3) profiling in furtherance of decisions that produce legal or similarly significant effects.
- Right to Non-Discrimination. You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment by us for exercising any of your privacy rights. We will not discriminate against any resident for exercising any of the consumer’s rights under the applicable consumer data privacy law, including, but not limited to: (1) denying goods or Services; (2) charging different prices or rates for goods and Services; and (3) providing a different level or quality of goods or Services. We may, however, charge a different price or rate as permitted under applicable law, or provide a different level or quality of goods or Services, if that difference is related to the value provided to you by your data and/or the consumer’s voluntary participation in a bona fide loyalty, rewards, premium features, discounts, or club card program.
If you would like to exercise any of the rights provided under Colorado, Connecticut, or Virginia law, please contact us by using the “Contact Us” section below with reference to “Consumer Privacy Request” and include the state in which you reside. For example, “Consumer Privacy Request: Michigan.”
If you request to access, correct, or delete your Personal Information under California, Colorado, Connecticut, or Virginia law, we are required by law to verify your identity before processing your request. When you make such a request, you can expect the following:
- We will verify your request. You will need to provide us with your email address and full name. We may ask for additional information if needed.
- We will confirm that you want your information accessed, corrected, and/or deleted.
- We will confirm our receipt of your request within 10 days. If you have not received a response within a few days after that, please let us know by contacting us at the webpage or phone number listed below.
- We will respond to your request within 45 days upon receipt of your request. If necessary, we may need an additional period of time, up to another 45 days, but we will reply either way within the first 45-day period and, if we need an extension, we will explain why.
- In certain cases, a request for access, correction, or deletion may be denied. For example, if we cannot verify your request, the law requires that we maintain the information, or if we need the information for internal purposes such as providing Services or completing an order. If we deny your request, we will explain why we denied it and delete any other information that is not protected and subject to denial.
Career Now Brands
Attention: Privacy Officer
302 East Parent Avenue
Royal Oak, Michigan 48067